November of 2015 witnessed the grand release of Salman Khan’s Prem Ratan Dhan Payo that not only gained huge acclaim but also drew huge box office collections. Cast and crew of the movie went off the beaten path to film a romantic drama in the most royal way. It is no exaggeration to call this movie a piece of magical work. We take a moment to cherish the minutiae of the film. Here we go!
1. The title of the movie is inspired from Meera’s bhajan, “Payo ji maine ram rattan dhan payo”.
2. It was Sonam’s childhood dream to act with Salman.
3. Sonam Kapoor’s look in the movie is inspired from Aishwarya’s look in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam.
4. Salman took special training for the sword play scene in the movie.
5. Salman supervised the editing of the film.
6. Budget of the Film is Rs. 100 Crore.
7. Hollywood stunt director, Greg Powell, has choreographed the action scenes of the film. He has been part of many action films including Skyfall, Fast & Furious and Harry Potter.
8. This poster reminds us of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. A similar pose was seen in the song, ‘Aankhon Ki gustakhiyaan’ from Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam.
9. The sheesh mahal from the film is an astonishing work of Sooraj Barjatya.
10. Salman donned over 15 outfits in the course of the film designed by Jodhpur-based designer Raghavendra Rathore, Ashley Rebello and Alvira Khan.
11. 5000 extras, 1500 dancers, 500 crew members to complete this magnificent film.
12. 1200 kgs of sweets and namkeen & 5000 kgs of flowers were used in the film.
Prem Ratan Dhan Payo is an absolute favorite among the movie lovers. If you have watched the movie already, you can’t agree more. And if you haven’t, Prem is just a click away.